Prep your project:
1. Download practice files (https://adobe.ly/2myqI63). Or, use your own!
2. Open bison.jpg in Photoshop.
3. Open snow.jpg. To add it to bison document, Select All, Copy, make Bison doc active, and Paste.
Work mostly in the Layers panel
1. Click the snow layer to select it.
2. Select ‘Screen’ from the blend modes drop down.
3. Lower opacity to about 76%.
4. Add a Layer Mask. Click the “Add layer mask” icon at bottom of Layers palette.
5. Select the Brush tool and adjust brush size and hardness from the top palette. Set fore/background to default Black/White.
6. Paint with black on the Layer Mask to reveal more detail on the bison layer, or paint with white to hide detail: Make sure the white thumbnail on the snow layer is selected when you paint.
7. Add adjustment layer: Click “Add a new fill or adjustment layer” icon at bottom of Layers palette, then choose Gradient.
8. Choose a gradient color combo, OK.
9. Choose ‘Overlay’ blend mode.
To learn more, visit our Photoshop Tutorials page:
DUE Friday, November 9th
Welcome to the Graphic DesiDn department at Brookings-Harbor High School in Brooking, OR. USA